Find out more about the issues raised in this cartoon in this article.
The headline of this cartoon is “Distracting from government cronyism and incompetence: a three point plan”. Underneath this are three points, each one illustrated as follows:
- Protect statues of racist old men; illustrated with a statue with the word “Rhodes” on it.
- Fly the Union Jack on all government buildings; illustrated with a union jack flag on a flagpole.
- School children to sing ‘Dad’s Army’ theme daily; illustrated with a triangular Union Jack and at arrow with the European Union flag on it.
Do your bit for independent journalism
Did you know that less than 1.5% of our readers contribute financially to The Canary? Imagine what we could do if just a few more people joined our movement to achieve a shared vision of a free and fair society where we nurture people and planet.
We need you to help out, if you can.
When you give a monthly amount to fund our work, you are supporting truly independent journalism. We hold power to account and have weathered many attempts to shut us down and silence the counterpoint to the mainstream.
You can count on us for rigorous journalism and fearless opposition to an increasingly fascist government and right wing mainstream media.
In return you get:
- Advert free reading experience
- Behind the scenes monthly e-newsletter
- 20% discount from our shop