As part of her drive to become PM, Theresa May has been making her case for a country that works for everyone. This is obviously a smart direction for a potential leader to pursue, as Great Britain is quite clearly weighted towards the benefits of:
- Super-rich Australian super-villains.
- Queen Betty.
- Business sh*ts.
- Hereditary horror-bags.
- People who want to get paid for holding opinions so corrosive that you could use them to melt a Terminator.
The problem with May’s claims, however, is that she was one of the main architects behind this current division – having been an undeniably important cog in the clockwork society-thresher that is the Tory party.
This apparent hypocrisy led to one reporter questioning May as to what she’d actually do differently, and particularly what she’d do for the North:
Well I intend to make sure that in my Britain, no one is left behind.
The reporter scoffed at this idea – saying it was essentially comparable to rich escapees from the Titanic shouting down from their lifeboats that they’d “come back” for the unfortunate floaters.
Theresa began to respond/lie, when an unfortunate gust of wind struck up – blowing some very important documents straight into the hands of the reporter. As the reporter in question was a deeply dignified and ethical person, they responded to the kerfuffle by legging-it with the papers as fast as they could – enabling them to read through May’s evil plan and report to us the following:
- Plans are afoot to turn the largely non-Tory North of England into an “open-air 1984 theme park.”
- The theme park will involve the Northern CCTV network being enlarged by some 5063% – to the point that the most important CCTV cameras will have their very own little CCTV cameras on top of them to prevent the theft of our precious CCTV cameras.
- The 1984 park will generate money by allowing tourists to come and watch Northern Brits playing the part of ‘proles’ – doing things such as acting like sweatshop workers, pretending to work long shifts in unregulated munitions factories, and feigning homelessness/horrific workplace injuries. The report claims that “Northeners will spend about 18 hours a day engaged in these fun role-playing activities, and they won’t even be charged for the privilege!”
- Due to all of the money brought in by tourists (tourists they predict will mainly be rich Saudi sweatshop owners), the North will be able to free itself of all those annoying advert boards, which are everywhere now. To remind the Northeners who brought this about, the former advertising spots will be replaced with pictures of Theresa May along with the message ‘THE SNOOPERS’ CHARTER IS LOVE.”
- May plans to sell it to the Northern lefties by claiming that they “love all of that George Orwell sh*t,” although she also notes that this message will have to be massaged slightly.
- She plans to sell it to Brexiters by claiming that this will be a central part of “taking back control” from the evil EU, as it was those “sausage-waggling bureaucrats” who said that we can’t turn large swathes of Britain into 1984 in the first place.
Although many are worried that Theresa May has already won by virtue of having majority-support and simply not being Andrea Leadsom, the fact is that in post-fact politics, you really can’t predict anything anymore.
And to cement my prediction that the death of prediction is happening, here’s my prediction about how any attempt to make well-informed predictions will ultimately affect the Tory results:
Featured image via Wikimedia.
We need your help to keep speaking the truth
Every story that you have come to us with; each injustice you have asked us to investigate; every campaign we have fought; each of your unheard voices we amplified; we do this for you. We are making a difference on your behalf.
Our fight is your fight. You’ve supported our collective struggle every time you gave us a like; and every time you shared our work across social media. Now we need you to support us with a monthly donation.
We have published nearly 2,000 articles and over 50 films in 2021. And we want to do this and more in 2022 but we don’t have enough money to go on at this pace. So, if you value our work and want us to continue then please join us and be part of The Canary family.
In return, you get:
* Advert free reading experience
* Quarterly group video call with the Editor-in-Chief
* Behind the scenes monthly e-newsletter
* 20% discount in our shop
Almost all of our spending goes to the people who make The Canary’s content. So your contribution directly supports our writers and enables us to continue to do what we do: speaking truth, powered by you. We have weathered many attempts to shut us down and silence our vital opposition to an increasingly fascist government and right-wing mainstream media.
With your help we can continue:
* Holding political and state power to account
* Advocating for the people the system marginalises
* Being a media outlet that upholds the highest standards
* Campaigning on the issues others won’t
* Putting your lives central to everything we do
We are a drop of truth in an ocean of deceit. But we can’t do this without your support. So please, can you help us continue the fight?