UKIP downgraded from a ‘political party’ to an ‘aggravated shindig’
Before the EU Referendum, many Brits were worried that a Leave vote would result in UKIP becoming emboldened. And yet one key thing has prevented this from happening. Namely, the absolute clowns the party employs.
As such, the Supreme Court has ruled that the group can no longer call itself a ‘political party’. Which technically means it’s now an ‘aggravated shindig’. A category which many are pointing out is all it ever was in the first place.
This will be of little concern to Farage, of course. Because he was always something of a ‘one-man-racket’ anyway.
UKIP was on its last legs already. Those legs being bowed and in plaster casts – its feet in roller skates and on thin ice. And as if that wasn’t bad enough, it’s now facing a probe from the UK Electoral Commission. Because apparently, it’s been misspending the EU funding it received. Which may at least prove the UKIP theory that some EU politicians are corrupt.
In terms of the balancing act the Kippers are attempting, this could be the straw that breaks the camel’s back. Although UKIP would, of course, have nothing to do with such a foreign dromedary. So imagine instead a Shetland pony with a prosthetic hump attached to it.
The party’s over
As mentioned, UKIP was stumbling towards oblivion before the prospect of financial ruin. And the highlights of this stagger towards obscurity have included:
- Nigel Farage fleeing the country to interfere with the sovereign affairs of a former UK colony.
- Diane James becoming leader, only to realise that being leader means everyone recognises how awful you are.
- Steven Woolfe going around telling everyone he’s the cock of UKIP, only to accidentally expose his inability to take a punch.
- Breitbart London editor-in-chief Raheem Kassam having a brief run at becoming leader. And then making out that people not supporting him was a conspiracy. The sort of behaviour that fellow Breitbart writers would describe as using victimhood as currency.
- John Rees-Evans, the guy who honestly claimed a gay donkey raped his horse, also running to be leader.
- No one else in the party standing out as being any better.
Diane James and other KIPPERS are dazedly staggering away from UKIP like ketamine-teens floating away from a rave after the sun's comes up
— John Shafthauer (@johnshafthauer) November 21, 2016
So what next?
Nothing, probably. Being an ‘aggravated shindig’ means technically all they’re allowed to do is stand at the edges of UK politics. Doing a little jig for attention. Dad-dancing into the night.
This will obviously leave the UKIP supporters homeless. Or at least the ones who don’t recognise that Nigel Farage’s true replacement is Theresa May, anyway.
– For more satirical news, follow Off The Perch on Facebook and Twitter.
Featured images via Flickr
We know everyone is suffering under the Tories - but the Canary is a vital weapon in our fight back, and we need your support
The Canary Workers’ Co-op knows life is hard. The Tories are waging a class war against us we’re all having to fight. But like trade unions and community organising, truly independent working-class media is a vital weapon in our armoury.
The Canary doesn’t have the budget of the corporate media. In fact, our income is over 1,000 times less than the Guardian’s. What we do have is a radical agenda that disrupts power and amplifies marginalised communities. But we can only do this with our readers’ support.
So please, help us continue to spread messages of resistance and hope. Even the smallest donation would mean the world to us.