As part of its continuing mission to achieve ‘balance’, the BBC has announced a new quota. Namely to ensure that all of its output is 50% Nigel Farage by 2019. Because, as we all know, every single event must be filtered through the brain of a politician who has serially failed to become an MP, because…
…why is that a thing again?
Making plans with Nigel
Viewers will have noticed that the BBC is currently about 25% Nigel Farage. A frighteningly low figure which puts ordinary Brits in danger of not constantly knowing Farage’s opinion.
Recent appearances by Farage have included:
- The UKIP leader shows up on Teletubbies and accuses Tinky-Winky of being a fascist for telling Po to stop being mean to Dipsy.
- Farage demands that David Attenborough returns to the UK and produces a cutting-edge 10-hour documentary series about pigeons.
- Farage shows up on the weather report and says: “I’m not saying all bad weather is caused by homosexuals, but members of my party certainly are”.
- The UKIP leader sits in on the BBC News at Ten and asks why no one is reporting on a conspiracy theory about Sweden being completely overrun by Daesh (Isis/Isil).
- Farage is a guest on Have I Got News For You. But instead of joining in with the mirth, he just tears his shirt off and screams the word “BREXIT” in Ian Hislop’s face.
The BBC has reassured viewers that all future programming will feature Nigel Farage. Obviously, Farage may not always be available. But there’s a reliable stand-in for such occasions. Namely a stretched, animatronic puppet of Mr Toad that’s had its skin painted grey and is programmed to shout “FOREIGNERS!” on command.
We need your help to keep speaking the truth
Every story that you have come to us with; each injustice you have asked us to investigate; every campaign we have fought; each of your unheard voices we amplified; we do this for you. We are making a difference on your behalf.
Our fight is your fight. You’ve supported our collective struggle every time you gave us a like; and every time you shared our work across social media. Now we need you to support us with a monthly donation.
We have published nearly 2,000 articles and over 50 films in 2021. And we want to do this and more in 2022 but we don’t have enough money to go on at this pace. So, if you value our work and want us to continue then please join us and be part of The Canary family.
In return, you get:
* Advert free reading experience
* Quarterly group video call with the Editor-in-Chief
* Behind the scenes monthly e-newsletter
* 20% discount in our shop
Almost all of our spending goes to the people who make The Canary’s content. So your contribution directly supports our writers and enables us to continue to do what we do: speaking truth, powered by you. We have weathered many attempts to shut us down and silence our vital opposition to an increasingly fascist government and right-wing mainstream media.
With your help we can continue:
* Holding political and state power to account
* Advocating for the people the system marginalises
* Being a media outlet that upholds the highest standards
* Campaigning on the issues others won’t
* Putting your lives central to everything we do
We are a drop of truth in an ocean of deceit. But we can’t do this without your support. So please, can you help us continue the fight?