Theresa May held a press conference yesterday to accuse the EU of ruining her election chances. After May had finished her finger-wagging, one of the journalists raised a hand and asked:
How’s that then? Has the EU been running your woeful election campaign?
To which a manic-eyed May replied:
Yes! No more questions! I love chips!
From EU to her
According to a Downing Street insider, May asked the EU for advice on how to win the election. The advice given to her included:
- Keep repeating the words “strong and stable” until people look worried and ask “u ok hun?”
- Lock journalists – ie the people whose job it is to report how well you’re doing – in a cupboard.
- Eat chips as if you were once wronged by a potato and are taking revenge by devouring its children.
- Appeal to the over 65s – your key demographic – by refusing to guarantee their pension lock.
- Forget which town you’re in.
- Look terrified and nervous in every interview as if you were being questioned at gunpoint by a phantom.
- Be seen by as many poor people as possible by flying over them in an expensive helicopter.
- If at all confused, just repeat the words “strong and stable” again. And again. AND AGAIN!
Simply not cricket
May has expanded further on her war against the people we’re supposed to be negotiating with:
The EU busybodies have been saying I don’t know what I’m doing for months, so I find it a little suspicious that they’re still saying that now. Even though I called a surprise election I said I wouldn’t during the crucial negotiating window!
Read on...Support us and go ad-free
Wait, did that make sense? Rats! Strong and stable! STRONG AND STABLE!
The Prime Minister then proceeded to stuff chips into her mouth and give everybody a thumbs-up as she was bundled into her austerity-copter and flown away.
Featured image via YouTube
Do your bit for independent journalism
Did you know that less than 1.5% of our readers contribute financially to The Canary? Imagine what we could do if just a few more people joined our movement to achieve a shared vision of a free and fair society where we nurture people and planet.
We need you to help out, if you can.
When you give a monthly amount to fund our work, you are supporting truly independent journalism. We hold power to account and have weathered many attempts to shut us down and silence the counterpoint to the mainstream.
You can count on us for rigorous journalism and fearless opposition to an increasingly fascist government and right wing mainstream media.
In return you get:
- Advert free reading experience
- Behind the scenes monthly e-newsletter
- 20% discount from our shop