When most people hear that Jacob Rees-Mogg is suddenly very popular, they think:
No. No he isn’t.
Yet despite there being less appetite for a Mogg premiership than there is for the return of mad cow disease, the media keeps telling us it’s happening.
So who actually supports this antiquated silent movie villain?
Scientists believe they have an answer.
Men with Venn
By using complicated theoretical theories, super computers, and a compass, Britain’s most prominent boffins discovered the following:
Namely, that people who truly believe Rees-Mogg could one day be PM are:
- Wealthy to the point that, when they talk, they sound like their mouths are stuffed with jewels.
- Unpleasant to the point that they support a man who probably thinks the Spanish Inquisition was a bit too PC.
- Deluded to the point that they think Jacob Rees-Mogg could one day be PM.
The problem, obviously, is that there aren’t that many people like that.
So who is supporting Jacob Rees-Mogg?
Well, according to an inside source, ‘Moggmania’ has actually been fabricated by none other than Theresa May; the PM realising that the only way of staying in power is to make sure her opposition is even worse than she is.
Off The Perch has seen CCTV footage that seems to depict the PM in a hoodie going around spray-painting tags like:
JACOB REES-MOGG IS FINE.
MAKE MINE MOGG.
STRONG AND JACOB.
MOGGMANIA? YES, PLEASE.
PLANT THE MOGGIC MONEY REES.
Although it’s likely that her plan will ultimately fail, of course. Because the PM is pretty much allergic to success.
We need your help to keep speaking the truth
Every story that you have come to us with; each injustice you have asked us to investigate; every campaign we have fought; each of your unheard voices we amplified; we do this for you. We are making a difference on your behalf.
Our fight is your fight. You’ve supported our collective struggle every time you gave us a like; and every time you shared our work across social media. Now we need you to support us with a monthly donation.
We have published nearly 2,000 articles and over 50 films in 2021. And we want to do this and more in 2022 but we don’t have enough money to go on at this pace. So, if you value our work and want us to continue then please join us and be part of The Canary family.
In return, you get:
* Advert free reading experience
* Quarterly group video call with the Editor-in-Chief
* Behind the scenes monthly e-newsletter
* 20% discount in our shop
Almost all of our spending goes to the people who make The Canary’s content. So your contribution directly supports our writers and enables us to continue to do what we do: speaking truth, powered by you. We have weathered many attempts to shut us down and silence our vital opposition to an increasingly fascist government and right-wing mainstream media.
With your help we can continue:
* Holding political and state power to account
* Advocating for the people the system marginalises
* Being a media outlet that upholds the highest standards
* Campaigning on the issues others won’t
* Putting your lives central to everything we do
We are a drop of truth in an ocean of deceit. But we can’t do this without your support. So please, can you help us continue the fight?