Henry Bolton has lost the confidence of UKIP. A party that famously placed its confidence in Paul ‘pants-on-fire’ Nuttall – the man who once claimed to be the inspiration for the character Hercules.
If you didn’t already know, Bolton has been the leader of UKIP since September 2017 – something most people had forgotten about until he left his wife and children for a young racist.
With Bolton likely to get the boot, bookies have been questioning who could be the next leader. And with the party in an absolute state, it’s ended up being a very strange list indeed.
The list includes:
- Mr Blobby 2/1
- Nigel Farage 4/1
- Some guy off the street 7/1
- Morrissey 9/1
- Nigel Farage with a moustache 18/1
- Two kids in a rain mac 25/1
- The Benny Hill theme 28/1
- Eddie Hitler (again?) 56/1
- Cardboard cut-out of Nigel Farage 62/1
- Evil duck with a dark secret 78/1
- Sentient/racist smart fridge 495/1
- Swarm of stink beetles 3,561/1
- An effective politician 58,000,000/1
Some people were confused by Mr Blobby’s prominence on the list. Was Blobby always hard-line on immigration? Or does the pink funster view the UKIP leadership as the latest wheeze in a long career of absurdist comedy?
There’s speculation that it isn’t the real Blobby at all, though, and it’s actually just Nigel Farage in a costume. Presumably hiding from the accusation that he helped Russia win the US election.
Regardless of whether or not that’s true, it couldn’t be any more ridiculous than what they have now.
Featured image via Flickr – Robert Lindsell (image was altered)
We need your help to keep speaking the truth
Every story that you have come to us with; each injustice you have asked us to investigate; every campaign we have fought; each of your unheard voices we amplified; we do this for you. We are making a difference on your behalf.
Our fight is your fight. You’ve supported our collective struggle every time you gave us a like; and every time you shared our work across social media. Now we need you to support us with a monthly donation.
We have published nearly 2,000 articles and over 50 films in 2021. And we want to do this and more in 2022 but we don’t have enough money to go on at this pace. So, if you value our work and want us to continue then please join us and be part of The Canary family.
In return, you get:
* Advert free reading experience
* Quarterly group video call with the Editor-in-Chief
* Behind the scenes monthly e-newsletter
* 20% discount in our shop
Almost all of our spending goes to the people who make The Canary’s content. So your contribution directly supports our writers and enables us to continue to do what we do: speaking truth, powered by you. We have weathered many attempts to shut us down and silence our vital opposition to an increasingly fascist government and right-wing mainstream media.
With your help we can continue:
* Holding political and state power to account
* Advocating for the people the system marginalises
* Being a media outlet that upholds the highest standards
* Campaigning on the issues others won’t
* Putting your lives central to everything we do
We are a drop of truth in an ocean of deceit. But we can’t do this without your support. So please, can you help us continue the fight?