At this point, most people know what no-deal Brexit is, and realise it’s a bad idea. Some people still want it, if only because they don’t want to admit they have no idea how to make a deal-Brexit happen.
As Boris Johnson needs to sell no-deal to more than just the rampant weirdos who want it, he’s now undertaking a rebranding exercise.
The proposed new names for no-deal include:
- No-fuss Brexit.
- Fat-free Brexit.
- Brexit for dummies.
- Brexit for people who struggle with those ‘books for dummies’ books.
- The Brex a man can get.
- Brexi Max.
- Brexit Vista.
- BREXIT BUT IN ALL CAPS AND A COOL FONT.
Several of these potential name choices were tested on the public. Most people asked:
Is it still the version of Brexit where we crash out then Donald Trump swoops down on us like a massive, orange vulture?
Other people said things like:
How about you call it ‘not really a fucking option Brexit’, and you just don’t do it?
One man suggested:
I’d call it the ‘Boris Johnson’ so everyone remembers whose fault it was.
Right now, there’s a 50% chance no-deal Brexit will happen. The other 49% is that we get Brexit Vista, while a final 1% sees us turning it all around.
Featured image via Foreign and Commonwealth Office – Wikimedia
Since you're here ...
We know you don't need a lecture. You wouldn't be here if you didn't care.
Now, more than ever, we need your help to challenge the rightwing press and hold power to account. Please help us survive and thrive.