In our very first podcast The Canary’s editor-in-chief, Kerry-Anne Mendoza (@TheMendozaWoman), talks to journalist Steve Topple (@MrTopple) about two of his pieces from the last 7 days. If you want to find out more about these stories, here’s some further reading:
UN Report on Human Rights
- The mainstream media have kept quiet about a major blow to the Tories’ election campaign. So we’re reporting it
- BREAKING: A damning UN report into the Tories has just been released. And every voter needs to see it
- 2017 World Press Freedom Index
- The BBC granted BuzzFeed an unopposed platform to debunk our story on Tory Dirty Money. They failed. [EDITORIAL]
- The astonishing response from Theresa May to the Tory election fraud verdict [VIDEO]
- BuzzFeed: How Politicians And Journalists Pushed A Dubious Conspiracy About HSBC Secretly Funding The Tories
- Move Your Money Campaigns
- BREAKING: Zero Conservative MPs will be prosecuted in the ‘Tory election fraud’ scandal. Except one… maybe [IMAGES]
- Naomi Klein’s ‘The Shock Doctrine’ is available in all good bookshops or via our affiliate link, below.
- Steve Keen’s ‘Debunking Economics‘ is available in all good bookshops
REGISTER TO VOTE– you have until May 22nd
Presented by Kerry-Anne Mendoza Speaking to Steve Topple
Produced and edited by Nancy Mendoza (@NancyWMendoza) and Mia Barnes (@migseytwit)
Our theme music by Grapes, licensed under Creative Commons CC BY-2.0
Get in touch: @CanaryPod / email@example.com
We need your help ...
The coronavirus pandemic is changing our world, fast. And we will do all we can to keep bringing you news and analysis throughout. But we are worried about maintaining enough income to pay our staff and minimal overheads.
Now, more than ever, we need a vibrant, independent media that holds the government to account and calls it out when it puts vested economic interests above human lives. We need a media that shows solidarity with the people most affected by the crisis – and one that can help to build a world based on collaboration and compassion.
We have been fighting against an establishment that is trying to shut us down. And like most independent media, we don’t have the deep pockets of investors to call on to bail us out.
Can you help by chipping in a few pounds each month?