In our very first podcast The Canary’s editor-in-chief, Kerry-Anne Mendoza (@TheMendozaWoman), talks to journalist Steve Topple (@MrTopple) about two of his pieces from the last 7 days. If you want to find out more about these stories, here’s some further reading:
UN Report on Human Rights
- The mainstream media have kept quiet about a major blow to the Tories’ election campaign. So we’re reporting it
- BREAKING: A damning UN report into the Tories has just been released. And every voter needs to see it
- 2017 World Press Freedom Index
- The BBC granted BuzzFeed an unopposed platform to debunk our story on Tory Dirty Money. They failed. [EDITORIAL]
- The astonishing response from Theresa May to the Tory election fraud verdict [VIDEO]
- BuzzFeed: How Politicians And Journalists Pushed A Dubious Conspiracy About HSBC Secretly Funding The Tories
- Move Your Money Campaigns
- BREAKING: Zero Conservative MPs will be prosecuted in the ‘Tory election fraud’ scandal. Except one… maybe [IMAGES]
- Naomi Klein’s ‘The Shock Doctrine’ is available in all good bookshops or via our affiliate link, below.
- Steve Keen’s ‘Debunking Economics‘ is available in all good bookshops
REGISTER TO VOTE– you have until May 22nd
Presented by Kerry-Anne Mendoza Speaking to Steve Topple
Produced and edited by Nancy Mendoza (@NancyWMendoza) and Mia Barnes (@migseytwit)
Our theme music by Grapes, licensed under Creative Commons CC BY-2.0
Get in touch: @CanaryPod / [email protected]
We know everyone is suffering under the Tories - but the Canary is a vital weapon in our fight back, and we need your support
The Canary Workers’ Co-op knows life is hard. The Tories are waging a class war against us we’re all having to fight. But like trade unions and community organising, truly independent working-class media is a vital weapon in our armoury.
The Canary doesn’t have the budget of the corporate media. In fact, our income is over 1,000 times less than the Guardian’s. What we do have is a radical agenda that disrupts power and amplifies marginalised communities. But we can only do this with our readers’ support.
So please, help us continue to spread messages of resistance and hope. Even the smallest donation would mean the world to us.