In our very first podcast The Canary’s editor-in-chief, Kerry-Anne Mendoza (@TheMendozaWoman), talks to journalist Steve Topple (@MrTopple) about two of his pieces from the last 7 days. If you want to find out more about these stories, here’s some further reading:
UN Report on Human Rights
- The mainstream media have kept quiet about a major blow to the Tories’ election campaign. So we’re reporting it
- BREAKING: A damning UN report into the Tories has just been released. And every voter needs to see it
- 2017 World Press Freedom Index
- The BBC granted BuzzFeed an unopposed platform to debunk our story on Tory Dirty Money. They failed. [EDITORIAL]
- The astonishing response from Theresa May to the Tory election fraud verdict [VIDEO]
- BuzzFeed: How Politicians And Journalists Pushed A Dubious Conspiracy About HSBC Secretly Funding The Tories
- Move Your Money Campaigns
- BREAKING: Zero Conservative MPs will be prosecuted in the ‘Tory election fraud’ scandal. Except one… maybe [IMAGES]
- Naomi Klein’s ‘The Shock Doctrine’ is available in all good bookshops or via our affiliate link, below.
- Steve Keen’s ‘Debunking Economics‘ is available in all good bookshops
REGISTER TO VOTE– you have until May 22nd
Presented by Kerry-Anne Mendoza Speaking to Steve Topple
Produced and edited by Nancy Mendoza (@NancyWMendoza) and Mia Barnes (@migseytwit)
Our theme music by Grapes, licensed under Creative Commons CC BY-2.0
Get in touch: @CanaryPod / [email protected]
Do your bit for independent journalism
Did you know that less than 1.5% of our readers contribute financially to The Canary? Imagine what we could do if just a few more people joined our movement to achieve a shared vision of a free and fair society where we nurture people and planet.
We need you to help out, if you can.
When you give a monthly amount to fund our work, you are supporting truly independent journalism. We hold power to account and have weathered many attempts to shut us down and silence the counterpoint to the mainstream.
You can count on us for rigorous journalism and fearless opposition to an increasingly fascist government and right wing mainstream media.
In return you get:
- Advert free reading experience
- Behind the scenes monthly e-newsletter
- 20% discount from our shop