So what changed?
According to the man himself:
I… err… may not have looked into this whole Brexit thing before the referendum.
Best laid plans
Before Brexit, Fox and his buddy Dave Davis drew up a list of what they wanted from Brexit. This list included:
- A cracking trade deal.
- Return of the British Empire.
- Brand new series of Only Fools and Horses.
- Genetically modified bulldogs with the face and wit of Winston Churchill.
- A thousand years of Tory rule.
In the first round of talks, the EU made it clear they weren’t in a position to offer any of this. It then began talking about things like trading blocs and customs unions. It was at this point that the Brexiteers lost interest.
No deal or no deal
Fox explained that the benefits of a no-deal Brexit are:
- He just about understands how to achieve it.
- It should be quick to arrange.
- He won’t have to attend any more boring meetings about the Irish border.
Several economists have said the downsides of a no-deal Brexit would be many. They’re not sure how many, as they haven’t finished writing them all out yet.
They started the list last week.
– Join The Canary, so we can keep holding the powerful to account.
Featured image via Tech. Sgt. Michele A. Desrochers – Wikimedia [IMAGE WAS ALTERED]
Do your bit for independent journalism
Did you know that less than 1.5% of our readers contribute financially to The Canary? Imagine what we could do if just a few more people joined our movement to achieve a shared vision of a free and fair society where we nurture people and planet.
We need you to help out, if you can.
When you give a monthly amount to fund our work, you are supporting truly independent journalism. We hold power to account and have weathered many attempts to shut us down and silence the counterpoint to the mainstream.
You can count on us for rigorous journalism and fearless opposition to an increasingly fascist government and right wing mainstream media.
In return you get:
- Advert free reading experience
- Behind the scenes monthly e-newsletter
- 20% discount from our shop