In 2016, we held the EU referendum despite having no plan for leaving. This meant we ended up having to do a Brexit with no plan for leaving. And now the Tories’ inability to reconcile their competing ideas has well and truly hit the fan.
Tories falling apart, governing in the interests of the Tory Party not in the interests of the country, they are running out of road fast…. https://t.co/nKUYpANtBX
Get the news that really mattersSign me up
— Angela Rayner (@AngelaRayner) March 19, 2019
Tory vs Tory
This is the list of things Tories want from Brexit:
- Some sort of Norway+ type thing.
- HARD FUCKING BREXIT!
- To fudge it through so the PM can get on with proving she’s more than just the PM who fudged Brexit.
- HARD BREXIT WITH A MAGICAL IRISH BORDER!
- To have our cake and eat it.
- To have other people’s cakes and eat those too.
- A BREXIT SO HARD IT CAUSES A RIFT IN TIME – CREATING A NEW TIMELINE IN WHICH THE BRITISH EMPIRE NEVER DISBANDED AND ROBO-WINSTON CHURCHILL RULES THE GALAXY WITH AN IRON FIST!
- Just whatever at this point – get the bastard done so we can get back to tormenting the poor.
- HARD REMAIN!
You Brexit, you pay for it
The Tories are in an unenviable position. Their position, however, is far less unenviable than the one they’ve put ordinary Britons in. At the end of the day – when they’re done fucking up Brexit – they’ll go back to their castles and live long and ghastly lives.
So fuck them, in other words. They caused this; they own it; they deserve it.
Since you're here ...
We know you don't need a lecture. You wouldn't be here if you didn't care.
Now, more than ever, we need your help to challenge the rightwing press and hold power to account. Please help us survive and thrive.