In 2016, we held the EU referendum despite having no plan for leaving. This meant we ended up having to do a Brexit with no plan for leaving. And now the Tories’ inability to reconcile their competing ideas has well and truly hit the fan.
Tories falling apart, governing in the interests of the Tory Party not in the interests of the country, they are running out of road fast…. https://t.co/nKUYpANtBX
— Angela Rayner (@AngelaRayner) March 19, 2019
Tory vs Tory
This is the list of things Tories want from Brexit:
- Some sort of Norway+ type thing.
- HARD FUCKING BREXIT!
- To fudge it through so the PM can get on with proving she’s more than just the PM who fudged Brexit.
- HARD BREXIT WITH A MAGICAL IRISH BORDER!
- To have our cake and eat it.
- To have other people’s cakes and eat those too.
- A BREXIT SO HARD IT CAUSES A RIFT IN TIME – CREATING A NEW TIMELINE IN WHICH THE BRITISH EMPIRE NEVER DISBANDED AND ROBO-WINSTON CHURCHILL RULES THE GALAXY WITH AN IRON FIST!
- Just whatever at this point – get the bastard done so we can get back to tormenting the poor.
- HARD REMAIN!
You Brexit, you pay for it
The Tories are in an unenviable position. Their position, however, is far less unenviable than the one they’ve put ordinary Britons in. At the end of the day – when they’re done fucking up Brexit – they’ll go back to their castles and live long and ghastly lives.
So fuck them, in other words. They caused this; they own it; they deserve it.
We know everyone is suffering under the Tories - but the Canary is a vital weapon in our fight back, and we need your support
The Canary Workers’ Co-op knows life is hard. The Tories are waging a class war against us we’re all having to fight. But like trade unions and community organising, truly independent working-class media is a vital weapon in our armoury.
The Canary doesn’t have the budget of the corporate media. In fact, our income is over 1,000 times less than the Guardian’s. What we do have is a radical agenda that disrupts power and amplifies marginalised communities. But we can only do this with our readers’ support.
So please, help us continue to spread messages of resistance and hope. Even the smallest donation would mean the world to us.