In 2016, we held the EU referendum despite having no plan for leaving. This meant we ended up having to do a Brexit with no plan for leaving. And now the Tories’ inability to reconcile their competing ideas has well and truly hit the fan.
Tories falling apart, governing in the interests of the Tory Party not in the interests of the country, they are running out of road fast…. https://t.co/nKUYpANtBX
— Angela Rayner (@AngelaRayner) March 19, 2019
Tory vs Tory
This is the list of things Tories want from Brexit:
- Some sort of Norway+ type thing.
- HARD FUCKING BREXIT!
- To fudge it through so the PM can get on with proving she’s more than just the PM who fudged Brexit.
- HARD BREXIT WITH A MAGICAL IRISH BORDER!
- To have our cake and eat it.
- To have other people’s cakes and eat those too.
- A BREXIT SO HARD IT CAUSES A RIFT IN TIME – CREATING A NEW TIMELINE IN WHICH THE BRITISH EMPIRE NEVER DISBANDED AND ROBO-WINSTON CHURCHILL RULES THE GALAXY WITH AN IRON FIST!
- Just whatever at this point – get the bastard done so we can get back to tormenting the poor.
- HARD REMAIN!
You Brexit, you pay for it
The Tories are in an unenviable position. Their position, however, is far less unenviable than the one they’ve put ordinary Britons in. At the end of the day – when they’re done fucking up Brexit – they’ll go back to their castles and live long and ghastly lives.
So fuck them, in other words. They caused this; they own it; they deserve it.
We need your help ...
The coronavirus pandemic is changing our world, fast. And we will do all we can to keep bringing you news and analysis throughout. But we are worried about maintaining enough income to pay our staff and minimal overheads.
Now, more than ever, we need a vibrant, independent media that holds the government to account and calls it out when it puts vested economic interests above human lives. We need a media that shows solidarity with the people most affected by the crisis – and one that can help to build a world based on collaboration and compassion.
We have been fighting against an establishment that is trying to shut us down. And like most independent media, we don’t have the deep pockets of investors to call on to bail us out.
Can you help by chipping in a few pounds each month?