Hunt promises to promise anything if people just vote for him
Jeremy Hunt began this leadership race a loser and he’ll end it a loser. He doesn’t seem to get that, though. This is why he’s making a series of increasingly unhinged promises to the Tory membership.
Over the past 24 hours, Hunt has promised to:
- Send our troops back to the Falklands/Normandy/the Crusades.
- Give tax rebates to tax dodgers.
- Construct a statue of Margaret Thatcher in every supermarket car park.
- Replace the NHS with a giant whipping machine that’s treadmill-powered by the ‘plebs’ it whips.
- Start a bidding war for Scotland between Cuba and North Korea.
- Use science to bring back extinct animals so that rich twats can hunt them back to extinction.
- Use science to bring back Alf Garnett and record 1,000 more episodes, but this time without the satire.
- Enact something called ‘MEGA BREXIT’.
So far, none of these promises has won him any favour.
It would be easy to feel sorry for Hunt. Oh no – wait – it wouldn’t, would it? Because this is the guy who spent the best years of his life gleefully trashing the NHS.
Although it’s a travesty that we’re going to end up with PM Johnson, it has at least been fun watching his rivals get their dreams crushed.
Featured image via Chris McAndrew – Wikimedia / Flickr – Rupert Colley
- For more satirical news, you can also follow Off The Perch on Facebook and Twitter.
We know everyone is suffering under the Tories - but the Canary is a vital weapon in our fight back, and we need your support
The Canary Workers’ Co-op knows life is hard. The Tories are waging a class war against us we’re all having to fight. But like trade unions and community organising, truly independent working-class media is a vital weapon in our armoury.
The Canary doesn’t have the budget of the corporate media. In fact, our income is over 1,000 times less than the Guardian’s. What we do have is a radical agenda that disrupts power and amplifies marginalised communities. But we can only do this with our readers’ support.
So please, help us continue to spread messages of resistance and hope. Even the smallest donation would mean the world to us.
Leave a ReplyYou must be logged in to leave a comment.Join the conversation
Please read our comment moderation policy here.