A judge has found Stephen Yaxley-Lennon (AKA Tommy Robinson) guilty of contempt of court. This is despite him assuring the judge that he was “one of the best patriots going”.
Robinson offered a number of unique defences. He claimed his ‘patriotism’ should make him immune to any crime. Examples of his patriotism included the fact that he:
- Owns the complete DVD collection of Only Fools and Horses and has started making his way through the extras.
- Always wears a Union Jack thong.
- Sings “it’s coming home” every time the England squad gets so much as a throw-in.
- Trashes the European bistro he’s in every time the team playing the England squad gets so much as a throw-in.
- Sings the national anthem to conclude a long night of cocaine abuse.
- Only ‘cracks off’ to vintage pics of Page 3 girl Sam Fox.
- Is cynically using the crimes committed by Muslims to wage a culture war against all non-white people in the interest of achieving racial purity.
The judge described Yaxley-Lennon’s vision of ‘patriotism’ as:
Tawdry, depressing, pig-headed, criminal, and racist.
Yeah, that’s what I’m saying, so how come you won’t let me off?
Featured image via YouTube
Do your bit for independent journalism
Did you know that less than 1.5% of our readers contribute financially to The Canary? Imagine what we could do if just a few more people joined our movement to achieve a shared vision of a free and fair society where we nurture people and planet.
We need you to help out, if you can.
When you give a monthly amount to fund our work, you are supporting truly independent journalism. We hold power to account and have weathered many attempts to shut us down and silence the counterpoint to the mainstream.
You can count on us for rigorous journalism and fearless opposition to an increasingly fascist government and right wing mainstream media.
In return you get:
- Advert free reading experience
- Behind the scenes monthly e-newsletter
- 20% discount from our shop