A person is sitting at a computer, sobbing. On the desk in front of them is a lamp and notebook. On the wall is a whiteboard with the title ‘Dystopian sci-fi book ideas!’ and the following list, all crossed out:
1) Global killer virus
2) Australia catches fire
3) Tech firms become more powerful than govs
4) People voluntarily install listening devices in their homes
5) Secret police abduct people across America
Do your bit for independent journalism
Did you know that less than 1.5% of our readers contribute financially to The Canary? Imagine what we could do if just a few more people joined our movement to achieve a shared vision of a free and fair society where we nurture people and planet.
We need you to help out, if you can.
When you give a monthly amount to fund our work, you are supporting truly independent journalism. We hold power to account and have weathered many attempts to shut us down and silence the counterpoint to the mainstream.
You can count on us for rigorous journalism and fearless opposition to an increasingly fascist government and right wing mainstream media.
In return you get:
- Advert free reading experience
- Behind the scenes monthly e-newsletter
- 20% discount from our shop