The fact that the Trump/Kim summit has been arranged on the fly shouldn’t concern you, however. It’s the fact that Trump couldn’t stick to a plan even if he had one that’s the biggest worry. Although the US does at least have some potential talking points.
According to the White House, Trump intends to:
- Ask if Kim follows President Trump on Twitter.
- Have a discussion about all the people who were very unfair to President Trump.
- Compare hands to prove President Trump doesn’t have weirdly small extremities.
- Discuss some other people who were very unfair to President Trump.
- Offer a lengthy description of the size of President Trump’s inauguration crowd.
- Break for colouring-in time.
- Discuss even more people who were very unfair to President Trump.
- Golf again.
- Have a further break for nap time.
- Give a scene-by-scene breakdown of President Trump’s most hated Saturday Night Live sketches.
- Break for executive time.
- Hiss like a bobcat at the gathered media for 20 minutes.
- Break for Covfefe time.
- Have a no-holds-barred conversation about the relationship of Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart.
Robert Pattinson should not take back Kristen Stewart. She cheated on him like a dog & will do it again–just watch. He can do much better!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 17, 2012
- Discuss nuclear disarmament (if there’s time).
If you’re worried that Trump will actually discuss all these points, you shouldn’t be. The man is incapable of sticking to a plan.
If anything, he’ll talk about something worse.
– Join The Canary, so we can keep holding the powerful to account.
Featured image via Kim Wing Summialo / Wikimedia
Since you're here ...
We know you don't need a lecture. You wouldn't be here if you didn't care.
Now, more than ever, we need your help to challenge the rightwing press and hold power to account. Please help us survive and thrive.