The fact that the Trump/Kim summit has been arranged on the fly shouldn’t concern you, however. It’s the fact that Trump couldn’t stick to a plan even if he had one that’s the biggest worry. Although the US does at least have some potential talking points.
According to the White House, Trump intends to:
- Ask if Kim follows President Trump on Twitter.
- Have a discussion about all the people who were very unfair to President Trump.
- Compare hands to prove President Trump doesn’t have weirdly small extremities.
- Discuss some other people who were very unfair to President Trump.
- Offer a lengthy description of the size of President Trump’s inauguration crowd.
- Break for colouring-in time.
- Discuss even more people who were very unfair to President Trump.
- Golf again.
- Have a further break for nap time.
- Give a scene-by-scene breakdown of President Trump’s most hated Saturday Night Live sketches.
- Break for executive time.
- Hiss like a bobcat at the gathered media for 20 minutes.
- Break for Covfefe time.
- Have a no-holds-barred conversation about the relationship of Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart.
Robert Pattinson should not take back Kristen Stewart. She cheated on him like a dog & will do it again–just watch. He can do much better!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 17, 2012
- Discuss nuclear disarmament (if there’s time).
If you’re worried that Trump will actually discuss all these points, you shouldn’t be. The man is incapable of sticking to a plan.
If anything, he’ll talk about something worse.
– Join The Canary, so we can keep holding the powerful to account.
Featured image via Kim Wing Summialo / Wikimedia
We need your help to keep speaking the truth
Every story that you have come to us with; each injustice you have asked us to investigate; every campaign we have fought; each of your unheard voices we amplified; we do this for you. We are making a difference on your behalf.
Our fight is your fight. You’ve supported our collective struggle every time you gave us a like; and every time you shared our work across social media. Now we need you to support us with a monthly donation.
We have published nearly 2,000 articles and over 50 films in 2021. And we want to do this and more in 2022 but we don’t have enough money to go on at this pace. So, if you value our work and want us to continue then please join us and be part of The Canary family.
In return, you get:
* Advert free reading experience
* Quarterly group video call with the Editor-in-Chief
* Behind the scenes monthly e-newsletter
* 20% discount in our shop
Almost all of our spending goes to the people who make The Canary’s content. So your contribution directly supports our writers and enables us to continue to do what we do: speaking truth, powered by you. We have weathered many attempts to shut us down and silence our vital opposition to an increasingly fascist government and right-wing mainstream media.
With your help we can continue:
* Holding political and state power to account
* Advocating for the people the system marginalises
* Being a media outlet that upholds the highest standards
* Campaigning on the issues others won’t
* Putting your lives central to everything we do
We are a drop of truth in an ocean of deceit. But we can’t do this without your support. So please, can you help us continue the fight?