President Trump hands his Brexit plan over to Boris Johnson
Boris Johnson recently suggested President Trump take over Brexit for us. Although Theresa May wasn’t too happy about the idea:
Oh wow pic.twitter.com/sRcI3uI4Uw
— Owen Jones🌹 (@OwenJones84) June 13, 2018
Regardless of May’s concerns, Trump has now provided us with what he described as:
The best breakfast plan ever [sic]. Seriously.
The hastily scribbled plan came written on the back of a cheeseburger wrapper. It advised:
- Tell those sneaky Eurotrash that if they don’t give in to your demands, you’ll separate from mainland Europe. Threaten to build a sea between England and France, and tell them Belgium is paying for it.
- Isn’t Harry Potter British? Can he cast a spell at that angry European woman who doesn’t like me? I think her name is Theresa May.
- Tell the EU they’re all big losers, and you don’t need them anyway, because your buddy America will look out for you. What you don’t know is that we’re gonna turn your country into a Trump-brand golf course – ha ha ha [THIS SECOND PART WAS SCRIBBLED OUT BUT STILL QUITE CLEARLY LEGIBLE].
- I’ll be honest – I’m not entirely sure what the EU is. That’s a good thing, though. Facts will slow you down!
- Don’t leave without getting the oil.
- Hmm, I need to ask Donald Trump Jr. why I started this list.
- I wonder what Stormy Daniels is up to these days? I had sex with her, you know. Bigly.
- I’ll have ketchup on all of that, thanks.
- Love Donald Trump (The President).
The UK’s Brexit team is said to be considering Trump’s suggestions. Although they are worried the plan is a bit too detailed for them.
– For more satirical news, you can also follow Off The Perch on Facebook and Twitter.
– Join The Canary, so we can keep holding the powerful to account.
Featured image via Gage Skidmore – Flickr / Irinawave – Wikimedia
We know everyone is suffering under the Tories - but the Canary is a vital weapon in our fight back, and we need your support
The Canary Workers’ Co-op knows life is hard. The Tories are waging a class war against us we’re all having to fight. But like trade unions and community organising, truly independent working-class media is a vital weapon in our armoury.
The Canary doesn’t have the budget of the corporate media. In fact, our income is over 1,000 times less than the Guardian’s. What we do have is a radical agenda that disrupts power and amplifies marginalised communities. But we can only do this with our readers’ support.
So please, help us continue to spread messages of resistance and hope. Even the smallest donation would mean the world to us.