Despite their previous coups all failing, the Labour centrists are allegedly planning to topple Corbyn again. There’s just one problem: nobody fucking wants them.
Oh, and several other problems, too – all of which we’ll get into now.
Things can only get better
To be fair, the Labour ‘moderates’ do have several things going for them:
- Millionaire backers.
- Nice suits.
- Unlimited media exposure.
- Expensive haircuts.
- A complete lack of shame.
None of this makes up for the following:
- They don’t have any ideas beyond “whatever Corbyn is, that’s what we’re not”.
- They’re really bad at coups.
- No one wants to vote for their platform, because there’s no platform to vote for.
Their position is actually worse now than when they launched the disastrous Chicken Coup. Back then, they controlled the party’s internal structures at least. Now, the only thing they have any say over is whose turn it is to go on the Andrew Marr Show.
Fresh new ideas
Admittedly, the plotters do have a few new ideas. Or one new idea, anyway. Said idea being:
- Come up with a set of policies so radically un-radical it makes everyone magically fall in love with centrism.
So far, the only new policies they’ve concocted are:
- A gluten-free minimum wage.
- A new bank holiday called ‘Tony Blair Day’.
- Some sort of expensive military quagmire in the Middle East.
As such, expect to see Nu New Labour in power some time between now and never.
– Join The Canary, so we can keep holding the powerful to account.
Featured image via Rwendland – Wikimedia [IMAGE WAS ALTERED]
We need your help to keep speaking the truth
Every story that you have come to us with; each injustice you have asked us to investigate; every campaign we have fought; each of your unheard voices we amplified; we do this for you. We are making a difference on your behalf.
Our fight is your fight. You’ve supported our collective struggle every time you gave us a like; and every time you shared our work across social media. Now we need you to support us with a monthly donation.
We have published nearly 2,000 articles and over 50 films in 2021. And we want to do this and more in 2022 but we don’t have enough money to go on at this pace. So, if you value our work and want us to continue then please join us and be part of The Canary family.
In return, you get:
* Advert free reading experience
* Quarterly group video call with the Editor-in-Chief
* Behind the scenes monthly e-newsletter
* 20% discount in our shop
Almost all of our spending goes to the people who make The Canary’s content. So your contribution directly supports our writers and enables us to continue to do what we do: speaking truth, powered by you. We have weathered many attempts to shut us down and silence our vital opposition to an increasingly fascist government and right-wing mainstream media.
With your help we can continue:
* Holding political and state power to account
* Advocating for the people the system marginalises
* Being a media outlet that upholds the highest standards
* Campaigning on the issues others won’t
* Putting your lives central to everything we do
We are a drop of truth in an ocean of deceit. But we can’t do this without your support. So please, can you help us continue the fight?