Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party was formed to fight the establishment. Obviously, this meant the first person they asked to join was a plucky outsider from the Rees-Mogg dynasty:
The EU elections will be held on 23rd May. Our first candidate to be announced is @zatzi Annunziata Rees-Mogg!
Brexit is being betrayed, it's time to send a clear message to the establishment. pic.twitter.com/F8B9TC5qhj
— The Brexit Party (@brexitparty_uk) April 12, 2019
Now – to show how serious it is about opposing the ‘establishment’ – it’s brought in several more of them.
Send in the crowns
The Rees-Moggs to join include:
- Poseidon Rees-Mogg: owns a small navy which could benefit from no-deal Brexit – primarily as it’s drawing up a trade agreement with North Korea/pirates.
- Poshspicia Rees-Mogg: intends to make chimney sweeping and moat dredging a form of national service for anyone earning under £50k.
- Persephone Rees-Mogg: owns a network of childcare homes she plans on turning into workhouses as soon as the red tape’s been cut.
- Ulysses Rees-Mogg: owns the midlands – intends to turn it into something useful like a big car park.
- Dracula Rees-Mogg: has plans to privatise the NHS. Also plans to draw blood from children as payment. He hasn’t clarified what he’ll do with the blood, but he did laugh maniacally when asked.
Power to the people
Some people have suggested that the Rees-Moggs are actually part of the establishment. And… err… yeah – now you mention it – their faces are literally on the £50 note.
Fund our Investigations Unit
You can help us investigate corruption, expose injustice and uncover the truth.
As one of the only independent investigations units in the country, we work for you – but we need your help to keep going. We need to raise £10,000 to continue our groundbreaking investigations. Can you chip in?