Millionaires declare themselves to be a minority group

Alan Sugar saying the 1% are the real minority
Support us and go ad-free

Lord Alan Sugar has become the only celebrity/politician/millionaire brave enough to speak out against mild socialism:

Fair enough, right? After all, 50% of the country is owned by 1% of the population. And I don’t know about you, but 99% of the country having a go at the other 1% sounds like bullying to me.

Read on...

Support us and go ad-free

This is why millionaires have now joined together to fight for their rights.

For the few

Speaking on behalf of his fellow millionaires, Lord Sugar tweeted:

All these jealous loosers [sic] wouldn’t even have jobs if not for me!

When someone pointed out Sugar wouldn’t have anything if not for the many, many, many employees who make his empire possible, he replied:

Another looser [sic] who wants something for nothing! That’s all socialism is – just people with no skills begging for handouts.

Sugar then got on the helicopter he bought with his last tax cut to go to his job at the national broadcaster – a job in which he gets paid hundreds of thousands of pounds to point at millennials and insult the way they sold bean bags to sales executives or some shit.

Few brain cells

Labour has done a lot to suggest it will work for the interests of the many since 2015. It’s not done as much as these panicking millionaires, however.

Every time they open their mouths, more and more people realise what a scam this country is.

Featured image via Wikimedia

Support us and go ad-free

Get involved

We need your help to keep speaking the truth

Every story that you have come to us with; each injustice you have asked us to investigate; every campaign we have fought; each of your unheard voices we amplified; we do this for you. We are making a difference on your behalf.

Our fight is your fight. You’ve supported our collective struggle every time you gave us a like; and every time you shared our work across social media. Now we need you to support us with a monthly donation.

We have published nearly 2,000 articles and over 50 films in 2021. And we want to do this and more in 2022 but we don’t have enough money to go on at this pace. So, if you value our work and want us to continue then please join us and be part of The Canary family.

In return, you get:

* Advert free reading experience
* Quarterly group video call with the Editor-in-Chief
* Behind the scenes monthly e-newsletter
* 20% discount in our shop

Almost all of our spending goes to the people who make The Canary’s content. So your contribution directly supports our writers and enables us to continue to do what we do: speaking truth, powered by you. We have weathered many attempts to shut us down and silence our vital opposition to an increasingly fascist government and right-wing mainstream media.

With your help we can continue:

* Holding political and state power to account
* Advocating for the people the system marginalises
* Being a media outlet that upholds the highest standards
* Campaigning on the issues others won’t
* Putting your lives central to everything we do

We are a drop of truth in an ocean of deceit. But we can’t do this without your support. So please, can you help us continue the fight?

The Canary Support us