For a long time, people have wondered if Boris Johnson and Donald Trump could actually be the same person. After all, they both:
- Would say anything to get their own way. Even when it completely contradicts the last thing they said.
- Have ridiculous blonde… well, I suppose you could call it hair?
- Publicly and shamelessly spout the sort of horrifyingly dated prejudices we thought belonged in the last century. Oh wait – no – I actually mean the second to last century, don’t I? Because the millennium happened and all that. And Jesus Christ, how is this still going on?
The conspiracy has been put to bed, anyway, as Johnson and Trump have now been pictured in the same room together. Although the thing about conspiracy theories is that you can’t ‘prove’ them out of existence. Because conspiracy theories aren’t based on truth – they’re based on gut feelings and people having too much time on their hands.
In place of the now discredited theory, several more have sprung into life:
- There was only one of them there, but the CIA deployed some clever trickery with mirrors. What, you don’t think the CIA has the power to do stuff with mirrors? LOL – wake up, sheeple.
- Trump is the version of Johnson from 20 years in the future who travelled back in time to stop Hillary Clinton inventing Terminators. That’s why he’s orange. Time-travel stains you orange. Everyone knows that – keep up!
- Facebook is cloning the Trump/Johnson character so that we can have one in every country. Like they do with Ronald McDonald. Only more ridiculous.
Of course, it’s most likely that they are in fact entirely separate idiots who seem to have somehow simultaneously gained power at the worst possible moment.
Because sometimes, reality is just worse than anything we can imagine.
Featured image via YouTube
We need your help to keep speaking the truth
Every story that you have come to us with; each injustice you have asked us to investigate; every campaign we have fought; each of your unheard voices we amplified; we do this for you. We are making a difference on your behalf.
Our fight is your fight. You’ve supported our collective struggle every time you gave us a like; and every time you shared our work across social media. Now we need you to support us with a monthly donation.
We have published nearly 2,000 articles and over 50 films in 2021. And we want to do this and more in 2022 but we don’t have enough money to go on at this pace. So, if you value our work and want us to continue then please join us and be part of The Canary family.
In return, you get:
* Advert free reading experience
* Quarterly group video call with the Editor-in-Chief
* Behind the scenes monthly e-newsletter
* 20% discount in our shop
Almost all of our spending goes to the people who make The Canary’s content. So your contribution directly supports our writers and enables us to continue to do what we do: speaking truth, powered by you. We have weathered many attempts to shut us down and silence our vital opposition to an increasingly fascist government and right-wing mainstream media.
With your help we can continue:
* Holding political and state power to account
* Advocating for the people the system marginalises
* Being a media outlet that upholds the highest standards
* Campaigning on the issues others won’t
* Putting your lives central to everything we do
We are a drop of truth in an ocean of deceit. But we can’t do this without your support. So please, can you help us continue the fight?