The Tories have a department that’s responsible for making sure everyone knows what bastards they are. The anti-PR stunt they came up with this week was a doozy. Namely because it involved swindling a colleague on maternity leave.
Well done, Tories. Not even we predicted you sinking that low.
Scummy to mummies
An undercover reporter photographed a whiteboard at the government’s Ministry of Reputation. The board had a list of all the other ways in which the party is considering tarnishing its already toxic name:
- Literally stealing candy from babies.
- Installing live hedgehogs as foot scrapers at parliament.
- Making Boris Johnson prime minister.
- Selling the England squad to that Russian oligarch with the human zoo.
- Erecting a statue of Margaret Thatcher forcibly snatching milk from a child.
- Erecting a statue of David Cameron forcibly erecting a pig’s head.
- Putting Iain Duncan Smith’s face on the new £0 note – a note that will be issued to benefit claimants in lieu of actual money.
- Following through on the 2017 manifesto.
- Replacing May with a cardboard cut-out of her giving the finger at Prime Minister’s Questions.
- Anything Brexit-related – it will always make someone furious.
- Reintroducing the Black Death to the North.
Some people have said the Tories should feel ashamed of their behaviour. The Tories replied:
Feel a what?
– Join The Canary, so we can keep holding the powerful to account.
Featured image via Max Pixel [IMAGES WERE ALL ALTERED]
Do your bit for independent journalism
Did you know that less than 1.5% of our readers contribute financially to The Canary? Imagine what we could do if just a few more people joined our movement to achieve a shared vision of a free and fair society where we nurture people and planet.
We need you to help out, if you can.
When you give a monthly amount to fund our work, you are supporting truly independent journalism. We hold power to account and have weathered many attempts to shut us down and silence the counterpoint to the mainstream.
You can count on us for rigorous journalism and fearless opposition to an increasingly fascist government and right wing mainstream media.
In return you get:
- Advert free reading experience
- Behind the scenes monthly e-newsletter
- 20% discount from our shop