The Tories have a department that’s responsible for making sure everyone knows what bastards they are. The anti-PR stunt they came up with this week was a doozy. Namely because it involved swindling a colleague on maternity leave.
Well done, Tories. Not even we predicted you sinking that low.
Scummy to mummies
An undercover reporter photographed a whiteboard at the government’s Ministry of Reputation. The board had a list of all the other ways in which the party is considering tarnishing its already toxic name:
- Literally stealing candy from babies.
- Installing live hedgehogs as foot scrapers at parliament.
- Making Boris Johnson prime minister.
- Selling the England squad to that Russian oligarch with the human zoo.
- Erecting a statue of Margaret Thatcher forcibly snatching milk from a child.
- Erecting a statue of David Cameron forcibly erecting a pig’s head.
- Putting Iain Duncan Smith’s face on the new £0 note – a note that will be issued to benefit claimants in lieu of actual money.
- Following through on the 2017 manifesto.
- Replacing May with a cardboard cut-out of her giving the finger at Prime Minister’s Questions.
- Anything Brexit-related – it will always make someone furious.
- Reintroducing the Black Death to the North.
Some people have said the Tories should feel ashamed of their behaviour. The Tories replied:
Feel a what?
Read on...Support us and go ad-free
– Join The Canary, so we can keep holding the powerful to account.
Featured image via Max Pixel [IMAGES WERE ALL ALTERED]Support us and go ad-free
We know everyone is suffering under the Tories - but the Canary is a vital weapon in our fight back, and we need your support
The Canary Workers’ Co-op knows life is hard. The Tories are waging a class war against us we’re all having to fight. But like trade unions and community organising, truly independent working-class media is a vital weapon in our armoury.
The Canary doesn’t have the budget of the corporate media. In fact, our income is over 1,000 times less than the Guardian’s. What we do have is a radical agenda that disrupts power and amplifies marginalised communities. But we can only do this with our readers’ support.
So please, help us continue to spread messages of resistance and hope. Even the smallest donation would mean the world to us.