The Tories have a department that’s responsible for making sure everyone knows what bastards they are. The anti-PR stunt they came up with this week was a doozy. Namely because it involved swindling a colleague on maternity leave.
Well done, Tories. Not even we predicted you sinking that low.
Scummy to mummies
An undercover reporter photographed a whiteboard at the government’s Ministry of Reputation. The board had a list of all the other ways in which the party is considering tarnishing its already toxic name:
- Literally stealing candy from babies.
- Installing live hedgehogs as foot scrapers at parliament.
- Making Boris Johnson prime minister.
- Selling the England squad to that Russian oligarch with the human zoo.
- Erecting a statue of Margaret Thatcher forcibly snatching milk from a child.
- Erecting a statue of David Cameron forcibly erecting a pig’s head.
- Putting Iain Duncan Smith’s face on the new £0 note – a note that will be issued to benefit claimants in lieu of actual money.
- Following through on the 2017 manifesto.
- Replacing May with a cardboard cut-out of her giving the finger at Prime Minister’s Questions.
- Anything Brexit-related – it will always make someone furious.
- Reintroducing the Black Death to the North.
Some people have said the Tories should feel ashamed of their behaviour. The Tories replied:
Feel a what?
– Join The Canary, so we can keep holding the powerful to account.
Featured image via Max Pixel [IMAGES WERE ALL ALTERED]
We need your help to keep speaking the truth
Every story that you have come to us with; each injustice you have asked us to investigate; every campaign we have fought; each of your unheard voices we amplified; we do this for you. We are making a difference on your behalf.
Our fight is your fight. You’ve supported our collective struggle every time you gave us a like; and every time you shared our work across social media. Now we need you to support us with a monthly donation.
We have published nearly 2,000 articles and over 50 films in 2021. And we want to do this and more in 2022 but we don’t have enough money to go on at this pace. So, if you value our work and want us to continue then please join us and be part of The Canary family.
In return, you get:
* Advert free reading experience
* Quarterly group video call with the Editor-in-Chief
* Behind the scenes monthly e-newsletter
* 20% discount in our shop
Almost all of our spending goes to the people who make The Canary’s content. So your contribution directly supports our writers and enables us to continue to do what we do: speaking truth, powered by you. We have weathered many attempts to shut us down and silence our vital opposition to an increasingly fascist government and right-wing mainstream media.
With your help we can continue:
* Holding political and state power to account
* Advocating for the people the system marginalises
* Being a media outlet that upholds the highest standards
* Campaigning on the issues others won’t
* Putting your lives central to everything we do
We are a drop of truth in an ocean of deceit. But we can’t do this without your support. So please, can you help us continue the fight?