It’s Black Friday again – that time when we give a little back to the companies who’ve spent all year profiteering from us. Still, though, there are some good deals to be found. Unless you’re Theresa May, of course.
No deal or no deal
May is preparing to finalise a deal with Europe – a deal which no one expects to get through parliament. This makes negotiations somewhat awkward, as Europe has better things to do than humour May’s delusions.
This pantomime hasn’t been entirely without merit, though. It’s seen May become the first person not to secure a deal on Black Friday.
The Guinness World Records people added this to her other achievements, which include:
- First PM without a spine.
- World’s most racist vans.
- Least clear person to ever use the phrase “let me be clear”.
- Most inaccurate slogans.
- Best dance from someone who has nothing to be dancing about.
- Only person to think making Boris Johnson foreign secretary could possibly be a good idea.
- Most questions unanswered.
- Most files conveniently lost concerning investigations into a Westminster paedophile ring.
- First person to pogo-stick around the Isle of Man on ketamine.
When we looked into it, it turned out one of these records was inaccurate. Not even May thought making Johnson foreign secretary was a good idea. She just had to do it because she’s got no spine.
So ‘Black Friday’ indeed, then.
Featured image via UK Home Office – Wikimedia [IMAGE WAS ALTERED]
We know everyone is suffering under the Tories - but the Canary is a vital weapon in our fight back, and we need your support
The Canary Workers’ Co-op knows life is hard. The Tories are waging a class war against us we’re all having to fight. But like trade unions and community organising, truly independent working-class media is a vital weapon in our armoury.
The Canary doesn’t have the budget of the corporate media. In fact, our income is over 1,000 times less than the Guardian’s. What we do have is a radical agenda that disrupts power and amplifies marginalised communities. But we can only do this with our readers’ support.
So please, help us continue to spread messages of resistance and hope. Even the smallest donation would mean the world to us.