It’s Black Friday again – that time when we give a little back to the companies who’ve spent all year profiteering from us. Still, though, there are some good deals to be found. Unless you’re Theresa May, of course.
No deal or no deal
May is preparing to finalise a deal with Europe – a deal which no one expects to get through parliament. This makes negotiations somewhat awkward, as Europe has better things to do than humour May’s delusions.
This pantomime hasn’t been entirely without merit, though. It’s seen May become the first person not to secure a deal on Black Friday.
The Guinness World Records people added this to her other achievements, which include:
- First PM without a spine.
- World’s most racist vans.
- Least clear person to ever use the phrase “let me be clear”.
- Most inaccurate slogans.
- Best dance from someone who has nothing to be dancing about.
- Only person to think making Boris Johnson foreign secretary could possibly be a good idea.
- Most questions unanswered.
- Most files conveniently lost concerning investigations into a Westminster paedophile ring.
- First person to pogo-stick around the Isle of Man on ketamine.
When we looked into it, it turned out one of these records was inaccurate. Not even May thought making Johnson foreign secretary was a good idea. She just had to do it because she’s got no spine.
So ‘Black Friday’ indeed, then.
Featured image via UK Home Office – Wikimedia [IMAGE WAS ALTERED]
Do your bit for independent journalism
Did you know that less than 1.5% of our readers contribute financially to The Canary? Imagine what we could do if just a few more people joined our movement to achieve a shared vision of a free and fair society where we nurture people and planet.
We need you to help out, if you can.
When you give a monthly amount to fund our work, you are supporting truly independent journalism. We hold power to account and have weathered many attempts to shut us down and silence the counterpoint to the mainstream.
You can count on us for rigorous journalism and fearless opposition to an increasingly fascist government and right wing mainstream media.
In return you get:
- Advert free reading experience
- Behind the scenes monthly e-newsletter
- 20% discount from our shop