It’s Black Friday again – that time when we give a little back to the companies who’ve spent all year profiteering from us. Still, though, there are some good deals to be found. Unless you’re Theresa May, of course.
No deal or no deal
May is preparing to finalise a deal with Europe – a deal which no one expects to get through parliament. This makes negotiations somewhat awkward, as Europe has better things to do than humour May’s delusions.
This pantomime hasn’t been entirely without merit, though. It’s seen May become the first person not to secure a deal on Black Friday.
The Guinness World Records people added this to her other achievements, which include:
- First PM without a spine.
- World’s most racist vans.
- Least clear person to ever use the phrase “let me be clear”.
- Most inaccurate slogans.
- Best dance from someone who has nothing to be dancing about.
- Only person to think making Boris Johnson foreign secretary could possibly be a good idea.
- Most questions unanswered.
- Most files conveniently lost concerning investigations into a Westminster paedophile ring.
- First person to pogo-stick around the Isle of Man on ketamine.
When we looked into it, it turned out one of these records was inaccurate. Not even May thought making Johnson foreign secretary was a good idea. She just had to do it because she’s got no spine.
So ‘Black Friday’ indeed, then.
Featured image via UK Home Office – Wikimedia [IMAGE WAS ALTERED]
We need your help to keep speaking the truth
Every story that you have come to us with; each injustice you have asked us to investigate; every campaign we have fought; each of your unheard voices we amplified; we do this for you. We are making a difference on your behalf.
Our fight is your fight. You’ve supported our collective struggle every time you gave us a like; and every time you shared our work across social media. Now we need you to support us with a monthly donation.
We have published nearly 2,000 articles and over 50 films in 2021. And we want to do this and more in 2022 but we don’t have enough money to go on at this pace. So, if you value our work and want us to continue then please join us and be part of The Canary family.
In return, you get:
* Advert free reading experience
* Quarterly group video call with the Editor-in-Chief
* Behind the scenes monthly e-newsletter
* 20% discount in our shop
Almost all of our spending goes to the people who make The Canary’s content. So your contribution directly supports our writers and enables us to continue to do what we do: speaking truth, powered by you. We have weathered many attempts to shut us down and silence our vital opposition to an increasingly fascist government and right-wing mainstream media.
With your help we can continue:
* Holding political and state power to account
* Advocating for the people the system marginalises
* Being a media outlet that upholds the highest standards
* Campaigning on the issues others won’t
* Putting your lives central to everything we do
We are a drop of truth in an ocean of deceit. But we can’t do this without your support. So please, can you help us continue the fight?