Skywriters all over the UK have taken to the skies this morning to honour the passing of David Cameron’s political career – namely by writing his achievements in smoke.
In fact, there are so many skywriters taking part that no matter where you are in Britain, you should be able to see their work.
Just go to your window and look now.
Can you see them?
Can you see the list of all his f*cking achievements?
Gasp at how comprehensive it is.
Jokes aside, the man did actually achieve a few things, and this is a list of all of them:
- Reminded everyone about the weird and perverse horrors that exist within the British upper classes.
- Managed to create a stronger case for Scottish independence than Alex Salmond, Nicola Sturgeon, and North Sea Oil combined.
- Drew attention to the plight of severed pigs’ heads.
- Made everyone take UK debt more seriously – primarily by doubling it.
- Reduced obesity by promoting the homeless lifestyle.
- Solved the situation in Syria by bombing some empty fields that Russia had already bombed – a solution which seems so obvious now that we look back at it.
- Neutralised the Liberal Democrats with Operation Sh*tshield – a scheme which involved strapping Nick Clegg to the bonnet of their most unpopular policies, and then driving him through the political carwash of diarrhoea.
- Did his bit for tax avoidance. Which is to say that he allowed it to carry on happening, as opposed to saying that he opposed it.
- Maybe wasn’t as bad as Thatcher? Although this wasn’t for a lack of trying, as in the man’s final year he had more turnarounds than a drunken rendition of Total Eclipse of the Heart.
- Contributed to tolerance and understanding by employing (maybe, just maybe – who knows?) the UK’s first drug addict Chancellor.
But his failure to win the EU argument means that David Cameron will go down in history as one of our worst prime ministers ever. People who like accuracy should at least find solace in the fact that he actually, most-definitely was.
We need your help to keep speaking the truth
Every story that you have come to us with; each injustice you have asked us to investigate; every campaign we have fought; each of your unheard voices we amplified; we do this for you. We are making a difference on your behalf.
Our fight is your fight. You’ve supported our collective struggle every time you gave us a like; and every time you shared our work across social media. Now we need you to support us with a monthly donation.
We have published nearly 2,000 articles and over 50 films in 2021. And we want to do this and more in 2022 but we don’t have enough money to go on at this pace. So, if you value our work and want us to continue then please join us and be part of The Canary family.
In return, you get:
* Advert free reading experience
* Quarterly group video call with the Editor-in-Chief
* Behind the scenes monthly e-newsletter
* 20% discount in our shop
Almost all of our spending goes to the people who make The Canary’s content. So your contribution directly supports our writers and enables us to continue to do what we do: speaking truth, powered by you. We have weathered many attempts to shut us down and silence our vital opposition to an increasingly fascist government and right-wing mainstream media.
With your help we can continue:
* Holding political and state power to account
* Advocating for the people the system marginalises
* Being a media outlet that upholds the highest standards
* Campaigning on the issues others won’t
* Putting your lives central to everything we do
We are a drop of truth in an ocean of deceit. But we can’t do this without your support. So please, can you help us continue the fight?