There have been many questions since David Dimbleby announced he’s leaving Question Time. These questions include:
- Could his replacement be any worse?
- Does the Question Time format need a shakeup?
- Will the changes be paid for by the Brexit Dividend?
All of which have now been answered:
- It doesn’t exist, so no.
The proposed shake-up isn’t that big a change, however. Nigel Farage was on Question Time all the time anyway.
Nigel on Nigel
The new show will be called The Nigel Farage Hour with Nigel Farage. It will feature Nigel Farage taking questions from Nigel Farage, and will cover topics like Nigel Farage and former leaders of UKIP.
Other points of conversation will include:
- Exactly how glorious is Brexit?
- How much Russian collusion wasn’t there by Leave.EU?
- Why is the NHS so terrible and can we sell it off fast enough?
- Why do these leftists embarrass themselves by saying I look like a cross between a lizard and a walnut?
- Who should independent England declare war on first – Scotland or Gary Lineker?
Rather than having new audiences every week, the show will be watched by the famous ‘wall of gammon’:
— Sketchaganda (@sketchaganda) March 15, 2018
Of course, it’s important the BBC remains balanced. That’s why Nigel Farage will also be taking over The Andrew Marr Show. That way you can see ol’ Lizard-nut first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
– Join The Canary, so we can keep holding the powerful to account.
Featured image via Gage Skidmore – Flickr
We need your help to keep speaking the truth
Every story that you have come to us with; each injustice you have asked us to investigate; every campaign we have fought; each of your unheard voices we amplified; we do this for you. We are making a difference on your behalf.
Our fight is your fight. You’ve supported our collective struggle every time you gave us a like; and every time you shared our work across social media. Now we need you to support us with a monthly donation.
We have published nearly 2,000 articles and over 50 films in 2021. And we want to do this and more in 2022 but we don’t have enough money to go on at this pace. So, if you value our work and want us to continue then please join us and be part of The Canary family.
In return, you get:
* Advert free reading experience
* Quarterly group video call with the Editor-in-Chief
* Behind the scenes monthly e-newsletter
* 20% discount in our shop
Almost all of our spending goes to the people who make The Canary’s content. So your contribution directly supports our writers and enables us to continue to do what we do: speaking truth, powered by you. We have weathered many attempts to shut us down and silence our vital opposition to an increasingly fascist government and right-wing mainstream media.
With your help we can continue:
* Holding political and state power to account
* Advocating for the people the system marginalises
* Being a media outlet that upholds the highest standards
* Campaigning on the issues others won’t
* Putting your lives central to everything we do
We are a drop of truth in an ocean of deceit. But we can’t do this without your support. So please, can you help us continue the fight?