Despite years of non-stop coverage, most people still don’t know what Brexit is.
In order to get to the bottom of it, an enquiry has been set up. And the person heading it is none other than Eastenders’ Danny Dyer:
Danny Dyer salts David Cameron pic.twitter.com/ADQX9ODSjU
— Matt Zarb-Cousin (@mattzarb) June 28, 2018
Brexit means what?
Lord Dyer has said he wants to investigate the following:
- What’s all this Brexit shit about, then?
- Where’s that Cameron twat got off to? Why isn’t he dealing with this fucking mess!?
- Are these Brexit cunts having a laugh? What do you mean they’ve gone and invested all their own money abroad? You must think I’m a fucking mug!
- I thought that Jacob Rees-Mogg was a kids’ show about an evil headmaster – why’s everyone listening to this prick?
- Boris fucking Johnson – someone needs to sort that wanker out. Nothing violent, mind. They just wanna sit him down and make him eat every bullshit word he’s written about this nonsense.
- Oi – Dave Davis – what going on in your fucking head, son!?
- Of course Farage is worried about fish – HE IS A FUCKING FISH – JUST LOOK AT HIS FUCKING FACE!
- Who the fuck is in charge of this shit!? WHO!? TELL ME FUCKING WHO! I AM SICK OF IT! I AM SICK OF THIS BOLLOCKS AND I WANT ANSWERS RIGHT NOW, YOU FUCKING CUNTS!!!!
- I need a lie down – this has done my nut in.
Although it appears to be transcribed from an unprepared speech, this is actually the inquiry’s official bullet points. It’s widely agreed to be the first sensible investigation into Brexit since the referendum.
– Join The Canary, so we can keep holding the powerful to account.
Featured image via Hilton Teper (altered) – Wikimedia
We need your help to keep speaking the truth
Every story that you have come to us with; each injustice you have asked us to investigate; every campaign we have fought; each of your unheard voices we amplified; we do this for you. We are making a difference on your behalf.
Our fight is your fight. You’ve supported our collective struggle every time you gave us a like; and every time you shared our work across social media. Now we need you to support us with a monthly donation.
We have published nearly 2,000 articles and over 50 films in 2021. And we want to do this and more in 2022 but we don’t have enough money to go on at this pace. So, if you value our work and want us to continue then please join us and be part of The Canary family.
In return, you get:
* Advert free reading experience
* Quarterly group video call with the Editor-in-Chief
* Behind the scenes monthly e-newsletter
* 20% discount in our shop
Almost all of our spending goes to the people who make The Canary’s content. So your contribution directly supports our writers and enables us to continue to do what we do: speaking truth, powered by you. We have weathered many attempts to shut us down and silence our vital opposition to an increasingly fascist government and right-wing mainstream media.
With your help we can continue:
* Holding political and state power to account
* Advocating for the people the system marginalises
* Being a media outlet that upholds the highest standards
* Campaigning on the issues others won’t
* Putting your lives central to everything we do
We are a drop of truth in an ocean of deceit. But we can’t do this without your support. So please, can you help us continue the fight?