The Tories have been in government for nearly nine years. During that time, they’ve taken expert advice from many smart people – all of which they’ve ignored. As a result, we’re increasingly at the point where their chickens are coming home to roost.
In response, the PM has decided to make like another bird and bury her head in the sand.
Useless means useless
Theresa May has a lot to answer for – questions like:
- When are you going to admit that making everyone poorer just makes everyone poorer?
- It was t-shirt weather in February for fuck’s sake – are you taking the piss pushing for more fracking?
- What have you got against people with disabilities / people who aren’t white / anyone who isn’t a millionaire backer of the Tory Party?
- Why didn’t you realise that doing all the things which lead to more crime would lead to more crime?
- Is this supposed to be a Brexit plan or has someone thrown up in your ring binder?
Theresa May generally responds by saying:
Let me be clear.
Continue reading below...
She then jams her head into the bucket of sand she carries around with her.
Lent means Lent
While the country collapses, May found time to give a shout out to the religion she pretends to follow:
Ash Wednesday marks a significant time for Christians all over the world, as they prepare to celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus at Easter. May your time of reflection throughout Lent strengthen your faith.
— Theresa May (@theresa_may) March 6, 2019
To be fair, though, her ideas do have something in common with Jesus. They all got crucified too.
Featured image via YouTube
Since you're here ...
We know you don't need a lecture. You wouldn't be here if you didn't care.
Now, more than ever, we need your help to challenge the rightwing press and hold power to account. Please help us survive and thrive.