The Tories have been in government for nearly nine years. During that time, they’ve taken expert advice from many smart people – all of which they’ve ignored. As a result, we’re increasingly at the point where their chickens are coming home to roost.
In response, the PM has decided to make like another bird and bury her head in the sand.
Useless means useless
Theresa May has a lot to answer for – questions like:
- When are you going to admit that making everyone poorer just makes everyone poorer?
- It was t-shirt weather in February for fuck’s sake – are you taking the piss pushing for more fracking?
- What have you got against people with disabilities / people who aren’t white / anyone who isn’t a millionaire backer of the Tory Party?
- Why didn’t you realise that doing all the things which lead to more crime would lead to more crime?
- Is this supposed to be a Brexit plan or has someone thrown up in your ring binder?
Theresa May generally responds by saying:
Let me be clear.
She then jams her head into the bucket of sand she carries around with her.
Lent means Lent
While the country collapses, May found time to give a shout out to the religion she pretends to follow:
Ash Wednesday marks a significant time for Christians all over the world, as they prepare to celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus at Easter. May your time of reflection throughout Lent strengthen your faith.
— Theresa May (@theresa_may) March 6, 2019
To be fair, though, her ideas do have something in common with Jesus. They all got crucified too.
Featured image via YouTube
We need your help to keep speaking the truth
Every story that you have come to us with; each injustice you have asked us to investigate; every campaign we have fought; each of your unheard voices we amplified; we do this for you. We are making a difference on your behalf.
Our fight is your fight. You’ve supported our collective struggle every time you gave us a like; and every time you shared our work across social media. Now we need you to support us with a monthly donation.
We have published nearly 2,000 articles and over 50 films in 2021. And we want to do this and more in 2022 but we don’t have enough money to go on at this pace. So, if you value our work and want us to continue then please join us and be part of The Canary family.
In return, you get:
* Advert free reading experience
* Quarterly group video call with the Editor-in-Chief
* Behind the scenes monthly e-newsletter
* 20% discount in our shop
Almost all of our spending goes to the people who make The Canary’s content. So your contribution directly supports our writers and enables us to continue to do what we do: speaking truth, powered by you. We have weathered many attempts to shut us down and silence our vital opposition to an increasingly fascist government and right-wing mainstream media.
With your help we can continue:
* Holding political and state power to account
* Advocating for the people the system marginalises
* Being a media outlet that upholds the highest standards
* Campaigning on the issues others won’t
* Putting your lives central to everything we do
We are a drop of truth in an ocean of deceit. But we can’t do this without your support. So please, can you help us continue the fight?