The Tories have been in government for nearly nine years. During that time, they’ve taken expert advice from many smart people – all of which they’ve ignored. As a result, we’re increasingly at the point where their chickens are coming home to roost.
In response, the PM has decided to make like another bird and bury her head in the sand.
Useless means useless
Theresa May has a lot to answer for – questions like:
- When are you going to admit that making everyone poorer just makes everyone poorer?
- It was t-shirt weather in February for fuck’s sake – are you taking the piss pushing for more fracking?
- What have you got against people with disabilities / people who aren’t white / anyone who isn’t a millionaire backer of the Tory Party?
- Why didn’t you realise that doing all the things which lead to more crime would lead to more crime?
- Is this supposed to be a Brexit plan or has someone thrown up in your ring binder?
Theresa May generally responds by saying:
Let me be clear.
She then jams her head into the bucket of sand she carries around with her.
Lent means Lent
While the country collapses, May found time to give a shout out to the religion she pretends to follow:
Ash Wednesday marks a significant time for Christians all over the world, as they prepare to celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus at Easter. May your time of reflection throughout Lent strengthen your faith.
— Theresa May (@theresa_may) March 6, 2019
To be fair, though, her ideas do have something in common with Jesus. They all got crucified too.
Featured image via YouTube
We know everyone is suffering under the Tories - but the Canary is a vital weapon in our fight back, and we need your support
The Canary Workers’ Co-op knows life is hard. The Tories are waging a class war against us we’re all having to fight. But like trade unions and community organising, truly independent working-class media is a vital weapon in our armoury.
The Canary doesn’t have the budget of the corporate media. In fact, our income is over 1,000 times less than the Guardian’s. What we do have is a radical agenda that disrupts power and amplifies marginalised communities. But we can only do this with our readers’ support.
So please, help us continue to spread messages of resistance and hope. Even the smallest donation would mean the world to us.