Theresa May is famous for pioneering the dual virtues of strength and stability. But she wasn’t the inventor of these sacred British ideals. Because that distinction goes to her predecessor, David ‘Stability McStrongface’ Cameron:
Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice – stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: https://t.co/fmhcfTunbm
— David Cameron (@David_Cameron) May 4, 2015
And now, the strong one has returned with a message for all those who doubt the DUP deal’s ability to provide the SS (strength & stability) we need:
Task facing PM, given the circs, is to deliver the most stable govt possible – today's DUP deal helps achieve that. All Cons should support.
— David Cameron (@David_Cameron) June 26, 2017
A legacy of SS
Cameron practically drips with SS – like a spit-roasted hog basting in its own juices.
In his years of perpetrating SS, Cameron managed to create very much from very little – like a gammon-faced Jesus feeding 5,000 people with nought but a ham sandwich and a packet of pork scratchings.
His achievements included:
- The EU Referendum (albeit without any sort of plan for what would happen afterwards).
- Continuous NHS cost savings (with no negative service impact to those who could afford to go private).
- Making the deficit an important issue (without ever actually solving what they claimed the problem was).
- Super improvements to employment (as long as you weren’t arsed about job security / decent pay / pride).
- Continuous and powerful opportunities for necro-porcine humour.
What’s the pig idea?
Bearing in mind his record, David Cameron has earned the right to speak. And he has definitely earned the right to give his opinion.
It’s just that he’s also earned the right to have rotten vegetables thrown at him whenever he does.
Featured image via Flickr
Do your bit for independent journalism
Did you know that less than 1.5% of our readers contribute financially to The Canary? Imagine what we could do if just a few more people joined our movement to achieve a shared vision of a free and fair society where we nurture people and planet.
We need you to help out, if you can.
When you give a monthly amount to fund our work, you are supporting truly independent journalism. We hold power to account and have weathered many attempts to shut us down and silence the counterpoint to the mainstream.
You can count on us for rigorous journalism and fearless opposition to an increasingly fascist government and right wing mainstream media.
In return you get:
- Advert free reading experience
- Behind the scenes monthly e-newsletter
- 20% discount from our shop