Plans have been drawn up for the possibility of a no-deal Brexit. This could see the army delivering vital British necessities – like food, fuel, medicine, and tweets about what a nob Piers Morgan is.
Brexiteers have petitioned to add something else to this list – namely, propaganda that insists the Brex-apocalypse is actually quite good.
Keep calm and Brexit on
Prominent Brexiteers have insisted that the following messages should be delivered with people’s rations:
- Project Fear said we’d be eating pig anuses post-Brexit. The reality is they’re cow. Brexit wins again!
- You don’t need petrol to get to work when the factory you worked at moved to Poland, am I right?
- Medicine is for snowflakes. In the old days, they’d saw your leg off and all you had to take your mind off it was a slice of tangerine. Look forward to all that and more with the brand new Privatised Health Service!
- Most of the food we can’t get anymore was foreign anyway. You know who else was foreign? Hitler.
- We survived WWII, so we can get through this. Many people didn’t survive WWII, obviously, but the important people did. It will be the same with Brexit. Anyway – enjoy your cow anuses!
We spoke to someone who’s been at the business end of this Brexit propaganda. He reports good results:
I was unsure about Brexit, but then a soldier turned up and told me at gunpoint it’s going really well. So that’s a weight off my mind.
– Join The Canary, so we can keep holding the powerful to account.
Featured image via DVIDSHUB – Wikimedia [IMAGE WAS ALTERED]
We know everyone is suffering under the Tories - but the Canary is a vital weapon in our fight back, and we need your support
The Canary Workers’ Co-op knows life is hard. The Tories are waging a class war against us we’re all having to fight. But like trade unions and community organising, truly independent working-class media is a vital weapon in our armoury.
The Canary doesn’t have the budget of the corporate media. In fact, our income is over 1,000 times less than the Guardian’s. What we do have is a radical agenda that disrupts power and amplifies marginalised communities. But we can only do this with our readers’ support.
So please, help us continue to spread messages of resistance and hope. Even the smallest donation would mean the world to us.