Plans have been drawn up for the possibility of a no-deal Brexit. This could see the army delivering vital British necessities – like food, fuel, medicine, and tweets about what a nob Piers Morgan is.
Brexiteers have petitioned to add something else to this list – namely, propaganda that insists the Brex-apocalypse is actually quite good.
Keep calm and Brexit on
Prominent Brexiteers have insisted that the following messages should be delivered with people’s rations:
- Project Fear said we’d be eating pig anuses post-Brexit. The reality is they’re cow. Brexit wins again!
- You don’t need petrol to get to work when the factory you worked at moved to Poland, am I right?
- Medicine is for snowflakes. In the old days, they’d saw your leg off and all you had to take your mind off it was a slice of tangerine. Look forward to all that and more with the brand new Privatised Health Service!
- Most of the food we can’t get anymore was foreign anyway. You know who else was foreign? Hitler.
- We survived WWII, so we can get through this. Many people didn’t survive WWII, obviously, but the important people did. It will be the same with Brexit. Anyway – enjoy your cow anuses!
We spoke to someone who’s been at the business end of this Brexit propaganda. He reports good results:
I was unsure about Brexit, but then a soldier turned up and told me at gunpoint it’s going really well. So that’s a weight off my mind.
– Join The Canary, so we can keep holding the powerful to account.
Featured image via DVIDSHUB – Wikimedia [IMAGE WAS ALTERED]
We need your help ...
The coronavirus pandemic is changing our world, fast. And we will do all we can to keep bringing you news and analysis throughout. But we are worried about maintaining enough income to pay our staff and minimal overheads.
Now, more than ever, we need a vibrant, independent media that holds the government to account and calls it out when it puts vested economic interests above human lives. We need a media that shows solidarity with the people most affected by the crisis – and one that can help to build a world based on collaboration and compassion.
We have been fighting against an establishment that is trying to shut us down. And like most independent media, we don’t have the deep pockets of investors to call on to bail us out.
Can you help by chipping in a few pounds each month?