The £50 note is getting a revamp, and some people think Thatcher should be its new face:
— Limmy: TIX ON SALE NOW (@DaftLimmy) October 17, 2018
Many people object. But should they? The £50 note is the denomination of choice for bankers, coke dealers, and wankers. As such, who better to feature on it than Margaret yuppie-loving Thatcher?
Unlike the £5, £10, and £20 notes (which are primarily used for purchasing things), the £50 tender is designed for:
- Pulling out in huge wads at local shops when buying milk so everyone knows you’re the sort of person who withdraws £50 notes in bulk at the bank.
- Snorting coke at boring parties and then shouting, “Who’s taken my fifty? Oh wait – here’s my fifty. I thought I’d lost my fifty, but my fifty is right here. I will now use my fifty to snort more cocaine”.
Thatcher would probably have disliked these people on a personal level, yet they’re exactly the sort of arseholes she helped to thrive. As such, there’s no more fitting tribute to her legacy than coked-up yuppies using her image to snort powderised twat-juice.
On the other hand, there’s also an argument for putting literally anyone else on it.
– Join The Canary, so we can keep holding the powerful to account.
Do your bit for independent journalism
Did you know that less than 1.5% of our readers contribute financially to The Canary? Imagine what we could do if just a few more people joined our movement to achieve a shared vision of a free and fair society where we nurture people and planet.
We need you to help out, if you can.
When you give a monthly amount to fund our work, you are supporting truly independent journalism. We hold power to account and have weathered many attempts to shut us down and silence the counterpoint to the mainstream.
You can count on us for rigorous journalism and fearless opposition to an increasingly fascist government and right wing mainstream media.
In return you get:
- Advert free reading experience
- Behind the scenes monthly e-newsletter
- 20% discount from our shop